- 2019: Isolation syndromes in plant and animal populations - Bolyai János research fellowship (in Hungarian, Szent István University, Hungary)
- 2017: Earning a living in a changing climate - the plant perspective (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- 2017: Posts on Trinity College School of Natural Science's blog EcoEvo@TCD
- 2017: Posts on Rapid Ecology blog
Science outreach events
- 2015-2016 : Discover Research Dublin at Trinity College Dublin, European Researcher’s Night - I organised this event in the Zoology Department in 2015.
- 2016 November 7: The 4th Annual Lightning Talks, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin: 'More light for species distributions' - 2 minutes talk
- 2015 October 28: The 3rd Annual Lightning Talks, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College Dublin. I organised this event and I gave a two minutes talk on "The Geography of Demography: Disentangling Mechanisms of Spatial Variation in Plant Population Performance" (second postdoc prize).
- 21 November 2017: Anna M Csergő - "The geography of habitat suitability”. University of Lausanne, Switzerland, seminar speaker
- 8 November 2017: Anna M Csergő - "The geography of plant vulnerability under global environmental changes”. University of Sheffield, UK, seminar speaker
- 19 January 2017: Anna M Csergő et al. - “Climat suitability constrains demographic strategies” - BIEN Group Workshop Tucson, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, research project presentation
- 7-12 August 2016: Yvonne Buckley, Anna M Csergő, Shaun Coutts: "Predicting plant population performance from climate suitability, proximity and phylogeny”. Ecology Society of America Annual Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, plenary talk (speaker: YB)
Invited commentary paper
- Buckley YM, Csergő AM (2017) Predicting invasion winners and losers under climate change. PNAS 2017 114 (16) 4040-4041 doi: 10.1073/pnas.1703510114
Conference talks and posters
- 2017 January 9-13: 8th Biennial Conference of the International Biogeography Society, Tucson, Arizona. 15 minutes talk titled 'Demographic strategies are more constrained in less suitable climates'. Conference book of abstracts available here.
- 2016 December 11-14: British Ecological Society Annual Meeting, Liverpool, UK. Yvonne Buckley, Shaun Coutts, Anna M Csergő: "Predicting plant population response to global change". Speaker: YB.
- 2016 November 24-26: 1st Ecology and Evolution Ireland Conference, Sligo, Ireland. Maseyk FJF, Demeter L, Csergő AM, Buckley YM, Effect of management on natural capital stocks underlying ecosystem service provision: A ‘provider group’ approach. Speaker: AM Csergő
- 2016 August 7-12: Ecology Society of America Annual Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Invited talk - Yvonne Buckley, Anna M Csergő, Shaun Coutts: "Predicting plant population performance from climate suitability, proximity and phylogeny", presented by Yvonne Buckley.
- 2016 July 18-23: I presented a poster at the Island Biology 2016. II. International Conference on Island Evolution, Ecology, and Conservation, Terceira Island, Portugal: Csergo AM, Hufnagel L and Höhn M. Positive relationship between genetic- and species diversity on a mainland archipelago [v1; not peer reviewed]. F1000Research 2016, 5:2039 (poster) (doi: 10.7490/f1000research.1112888.1) Also check the book of abstracts: Gabriel, R., R.B. Elias, I.R. Amorim & P.A.V. Borges (Eds) 2016.Conference program and abstracts of the 2nd International Conference on Island Evolution, Ecology and Conservation: Island Biology 2016, 18-22 July 2016, Angra do Heroísmo, Azores, Portugal.Arquipelago. Life and Marine Sciences. Supplement 9: 565 pp.
- 2016 April 27-28: Irish Plant Scientist's Association Meeting, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. I gave a 15 minutes talk titled "Macroclimatic suitability predicts basic demographic processes but not population growth rates and extinction risk".
- 2015 March 24-26: Demography beyond the population, BES Symposium, Sheffield, UK. I gave a five minutes talk, asking: "Is climate suitability a useful predictor of population dynamics?"
- 2014 August: ESA Annual Meeting, Sacramento, California. I moderated the IGN 14 New Approaches in Spatial Plant Population Dynamics – Population Ecology Is Everywhere! Ignite session